Today, we want to show you some ways to avoid hiring a less-qualified Kansas City remodeler. Most interior designers mean well, but there are a few rotten apples out there. If you know the warning signs or red flags, you’ll be able to avoid getting charged a fortune for subpar remodeling services.
10 Signs You are Hiring the Wrong Kansas City Remodeler
Beware these 10 signs that you’re hiring the wrong remodeler.
- Their design process is confusing, unclear, disorganized, or haphazard.
- They don’t show up on time for consultations.
- Bad remodelers will force a “one-size-fits-all” approach to your project rather than provide you with a variety of options.
- They don’t seem to handle details very well, which is unacceptable for trained and certified interior designers.
- You have no idea what the cost of the project is until the very end of the project.
- They don’t seem to possess a coherent vision for the design aspects of your kitchen, bathroom, or other remodeling endeavors.
- When you search for reviews and testimonials of their work, you can’t find any.
- They don’t have a terribly good website with much information about their services.
- They lack permits, insurance, licensing, or other certifications for interior design.
- You experience several delays throughout the design or installation process.
These are the top performance hindrances that let you know you should choose someone else for the job. If you know family members who have had trouble like this with a contractor, then definitely do more research before selecting them for important work.
Virtues of a Good Remodeling Company
Now that you know the dark side of remodeling, we don’t want to leave you hanging without showing you how to find a reliable interior designer in Kansas City. We recommend going after these virtues and qualities when vetting the person or company to give your home an interior makeover.
- You can find lots of testimonials praising their work.
- Their design efforts catch the attention of popular magazines like Kansas City Home Style Makers Magazine 2022 (as Karin Ross has).
- They outline everything they do before beginning anything. Plus, they give you plenty of project updates during the installation phases.
- They have credible trade memberships with groups like the American Society of Interior Designers or the National Kitchen & Bath Association.
- They offer free consultations and financing options to pay for any remodeling project.
- They arrive on time, greet you warmly with a smile, and show genuine enthusiasm for your project goals.
Why It Matters to Have a Good Designer
Then there’s the third option of “DIY” for all of your interior renovation work. You can get by with this on minor projects within your skill set, but everybody runs into a problem at some point. Whether it’s improperly installing a bathroom toilet or just not having an expert eye for colors and designs, everybody could use a hand somewhere.
As we alluded to previously, selecting the wrong remodeler can cost you a lot of money and leave you with suboptimal results. You might be ready to remodel a home for selling, and, therefore, need a good job in order to enhance your home’s resale value. Relying on an average or unverified company for the task could compromise your mission.
Karin Ross Designs: The Top Kansas City Remodeler
Karin Ross has over 20 years of experience renovating kitchens, bathrooms, floors, cabinets, countertops, and more. It’s that comprehensive experience with every interior component that sets her apart from the competition.
Do you live in Kansas City, Lee’s Summit, or Olathe, and need a serious re-haul of your fixtures, cabinets, or walls? We’re the ones to call to draft, construct, and implement a spectacular new look for your home.
Contact Karin Ross Designs, the best Kansas City remodeler, for expert services today!