We have a few pearls of wisdom for homeowners ready to start a new luxury bathroom remodel. These are the dos and don’ts you should internalize before going after an expensive project. Continue reading to find out why you no longer have to settle on an uninspiring bathroom arrangement.
The Dos of a Luxury Bathroom Remodel
These are the most important “Dos” while remodeling your bathroom.
- Strive for a bright and well-lit bathroom. The lighting options are nearly limitless, and this is the place where you need lots of light for brushing teeth, preparing makeup, and other personal hygiene tasks.
- Get a great shower for your bathroom. This is the centerpiece of a luxury experience. This could include extended shower heads, vertical accents, champagne fixtures, colored glass doors, Moody Quartz material framework, and a lot more.
- Modernize your electrical framework to gain optimal energy efficiency. There are many ways to achieve great lighting with LED lights that consume about 75% of the normal electricity.
- Invest in some fancy bathroom countertops. These come from many fine materials like granite, quartz, and anything else that can handle water well.
- Remember to get an inspection to make sure your renovation work matches local codes and ordinances. If you work with a reliable design contractor like Karin Ross Designs, we’ll ensure this happens.
- Install better exhaust fans. They’re essential for keeping your new bathroom free from mold and mildew hazards.
- Plan for the future. Do you want to live in your home for many more decades? Then it’s always a good idea to plan for safety concerns (especially in the shower) when you become older. Shower rails and other modifications can also help small children who might slip and fall on certain surfaces.
The Don’ts of Bathroom Remodeling
It’s equally important to recognize the important “Don’ts” of your project.
- Don’t jump into a big bathroom re-haul without a budget.
- Don’t forget to factor in storage concerns. It won’t feel like a luxury bathroom if it turns into a fancy shell with nowhere to put things.
- Don’t make your bathroom too crowded. Let us help you manage space better and avoid that cramped feeling.
- Don’t neglect the floors. There are plenty of ways to deck out a nice bathroom with ceramic tile and many other slip-resistant materials that look fantastic. While you’re at it, consider adding in-floor heating to keep your bathroom cozy during the Kansas City winters.
- Don’t leave out getting a great vanity. Other than the shower/tub, this is the big feature that you’ll notice every time you enter. Why not spruce it up with ornate mirrors, extra storage, fresh paint, or a material upgrade? Floating vanities are also really popular these days.
Why Our Expert Service Can Transform Your Bathroom
When we talk about “luxury” bathroom projects, we’re not referring to a mere toilet replacement or switching one or two fixtures. Premium-quality transformation involves fully redesigning your bathroom. That’s why finding a competent and experienced interior designer is imperative.
You don’t want to take chances with the DIY approach or amateur services. We encourage you to learn more about why an interior designer is needed for a luxury bathroom remodel. Everything we’ve said about luxury bathrooms requires lots of teamwork and expertise, so find reliable help before working on something major.
Start a Luxury Bathroom Remodel with Karin Ross Designs
Karin Ross has over 20 years of experience in the interior design field, which has yielded award-winning results. She has redesigned bathrooms and kitchens for actual clients all over Kansas City. Some of her best work appears in respected sources like Kansas City Homes & Style Magazine.
If you are still hesitant, then feel free to look over some of our positive testimonials on Google Reviews. Finally, everyone on our design team has training and licensing to perform all the arduous work involved with re-hauling bathrooms and kitchens.
You can contact us any time to help you begin a terrific luxury bathroom remodel.