The Kansas City bathroom remodel of your dreams
Your upcoming master bathroom remodel in Kansas City has a huge importance not only to you but to your house because a master bathroom remodel done right will impact the value of your home and the likability of your home if you decide to sell in the near future.
It may be that your existing master shower is leaking and you need it repaired so you are just going to remodel the entire bathroom, or you’ve had enough of the same bathroom look for the past 20 years and you want a new and fresh looking bathroom. The bottom line is you are ready for that big bathroom remodel. We at Karin Ross Designs are here to make it happened for you. We understand the importance of creating the perfect bathroom for you where you can “unplug” and recharge. A new bathroom where you can have small indulgences whether it is a bubble bath in your new freestanding tub with a glass of your favorite wine or perhaps a steamy cup of tea. The design rules of creating your perfect bathroom are simple:
– be honest with yourself about what you really want
– decide what is your budget
– trust the experienced eye of a professional
Kansas City Bathroom Remodeling
At Karin Ross Designs we believe that every Kansas City bathroom remodel should have a layer of luxury, which is at least one item you really really want and must have in your new bathroom. Help us discover that layer of luxury for you as that layer is very different for every client. It can be as simple as an upgraded vanity top or a freestanding tub with a freestanding faucet. Through our design sessions with you we will discover and prepare a plan of action for our installers in which we will have the elements that will make you feel good in your new remodeled bathroom. Your new bathroom which will be one of the most used rooms in your house will be transformed into a more functional, comfortable and beautiful space.
Most popular trends to follow in 2018 if remodeling your bathroom:
- You don’t have to have 2000sqft bathroom to have your “dream bathroom”. In 2018 we are prepared to revamp small bathrooms and convert them in luxury bathroom that you can enjoy with years to come. The secret of getting a small bathroom to look big is to not be cramped. Less is more has proven its power over and over.
- Create spa-like walk-in showers.
- Design new storage ways to compact your goodies but to be able to add some interest to your bathroom. Reclaimed shelving will be very strong when compared to oversized vanity cabinetry where everything can get so easily lost.
- High tech toilets- in 2018 we will see more use of warming toilet seats, seats that can wash and dry you after the use of the toilet, seats that automatically play music for you so that you can relax and use the toilet…Not ready for the new toilet trends yet?! Then how about turning your high tech interest toward a steam shower system. Ask our team for details.
- Heated floor system. Walking on your tile floor and feeling the heat rising with every step you take, now that is an amazing feeling. Heated floor systems for your bathroom do add cost to the project but are very appreciated during the cold months of the year. Are the heated floors your layer of luxury?
- The use of tiles that bring different texture and size. The top new tile sizes are the 6”x 36” or even 6” x 48”. Slim but long tiles create the illusion for longer and or taller bathrooms. Make sure your tile has texture. Some good accent tiles are the “wave” tiles that help create an art piece… Need a more simple approach- stick with the 4 x 12 subway tile with crackled dimension.
- Color is the easiest and cheapest way to upgrade the look but sometime the color selection can be tricky. Think about all the light sources in your bathroom and make sure you have seen the color you have selected under every light source you will have. The lighter grey tones will still be very strong but we will see some pastels as well. So warm grey, cold whites, organic green, ocean blues and beech pink. Colors can come from towels or other small accessories that could complement your cool white bathroom walls…
- Freestanding tubs and faucets. Those are items you need to splurge on as it is very important that your new soaker tub and faucet are of good quality so they don’t cause any leaks. Most reputable tub brands will offer strong warranties and we have a large selection of names and styles we work with.
- Can you believe that the brass color is coming back?! Well it is but this time is called champagne and it has an interesting pink cast in it. If you are not sure about it, how about we try arctic nickel or simply stay traditional by using venetian bronze finish on all plumbing parts.
- Most important- stay true to yourself and what makes you happy for your Kansas City home. At Karin Ross Designs we will help you explore as much as you want and we will keep your style together for you.